Wellcome Trust, Genome Campus
The Wellcome Trust created this unique space within the walls of Hinxton Hall’s old kitchen gardens. The area is used as a bar and meeting area for the existing Conference Centre.
- Contractor: Jarvis Homes
- Electrical Value: £510,000
- Mechanical Value: £800,000
- Contract Duration: Aug’14 - Jul’15
Heating & cooling are provided by air source heat pump.
The circulation area has a combined under floor heating & cooling system.
Heat recovery ventilation systems.
Full BMS system linking to the site wide system.
- Intelligent lighting system within the bespoke glass roof. This comprised of DALI technology and individually made bespoke light fittings. A multitude of moods can be created from a central lighting control panel with a simple touch of a button.
- Within the transoms of the steelwork, a ‘Vesda’ fire detection system was installed. This system constantly samples the air quality and will alert the fire alarm system when needed.
- Around the perimeter of the existing Conference Centre, new plantrooms were formed to contain all new electrical distribution, fire alarm panels and lighting controls.