Maggie's Cancer Care Centre
Demolition of a 1960s extension to the North Wing and the erection of a three-storey “urban townhouse”.
- Contractor: Sir Robert McAlpine
- Electrical Value: £190,000
- Mechanical Value: £230,000
- Contract Duration: Aug'17 - Dec'17
Heating is provided by plate heat exchange fed from the hospitals existing system.
Heating is provided by under floor heating & radiators in toilets.
Hot water is provided by local electric unvented water heaters.
Smoke ventilation system in core area.
Heat recovery ventilation to the basement toilets
- New main distribution consisting of a main panel board with dedicated supply to the sprinkler system and submains to local distribution boards.
- New LED lighting installed throughout with PIR lighting control with scene selection to allow the user to select present scenes or adjust lighting levels as required using DALI dimming system.
- A fully addressable fire alarm with automatic and manual activation, which was interfaced onto the existing hospital fire alarm system.
- A refuge alarm system was installed to the stair area to allow communication between the emergency services and persons needing help in refuge areas.
- A full data wiring system was installed using CAT6LSF cabling and data cabinet.